The onshore wind farm was developed by a consortium consisting of Cennergi with 75%, Watt Energy with 16%, and the Tsitsikamma Development Trust 9% under a 20-year government-supported power purchase agreement (PPA) with Eskom. Vestas Southern Africa was the EPC and O&M contractor.
The project was awarded Preferred Bidder in the DoE’s Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (RE IPPPP) in May 2012 and reached financial close in June 2013. In May 2013, it signed the PPA agreement. Construction began in September 2014, and commercial operations started in August 2016.
- Anholt – offshore wind farm – 400 MW, Denmark, 2013
- Kolskaya (Murmanskaya) – onshore wind farm – 201 MW, Russia, 2021
- Ininskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 10 MW, Russia, 2019
- Ilanga (Karoshoek Solar Valley) — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2018
- Cafayate – solar power plant (PV) – 100 MW, Argentina, 2019