Peyton Creek – onshore wind farm – 151 MW, USA, 2020
Mar 3, 2020 – German power company RWE has launched commercial operations of its 151 MW Peyton Creek onshore wind farm in the US state of Texas.
The Peyton Creek onshore wind farm with a capacity of 151 MW is located in Matagorda County, Texas (USA). The project is powered by 48 Nordex 3.15 MW turbines and can generate enough electricity to power more than 45,000 homes.
The Peyton Creek project overcame a fair share of challenges including the impact of tropical storm Imelda in September 2019. Despite about 60 centimeters of rain falling during the storm, including about 40 centimeters in less than 24 hours, the construction team was able to continue on to completion.
German power company RWE, the project’s operator, launched commercial operations of the onshore wind farm in March 2020.
- Koudia Al Baida — onshore wind farm — 50 MW, Morocco, 2000
- Noor — solar power complex (PV, CSP) — Morocco, 2020
- Peyton Creek – onshore wind farm – 151 MW, USA, 2020
- Paradise Park – solar power plant (PV) – 50 MW, Jamaica, 2019
- Sheringham Shoal – offshore wind farm – 317 MW, UK, 2011