According to the EU‘s objectives Belgium must produce at least 20% of its energy from renewable sources by 2020 so Parkwind works in line with its goal. Besides, “green” energy sector creates hundreds of thousands of jobs locally.
The company was founded in 2012 as a joint venture of Colruyt Group (food and non-food distributor operating in Belgium, France and Luxembourg, the owner of about 1,000 own and affiliated stores in these countries), Korys – Colruyt Group’s investment structure and independent investor PMV (ParticipatieMaatschappij Vlaanderen).
Owners and shareholders
Persons connected with Parkwind
All Parkwind’s projects
- Belwind — offshore wind farm — 165 MW, Belgium, 2010
- Northwind — offshore wind farm — 216 MW, Belgium, 2014
Latest and coming events connected with Parkwind
- USA: state of Texas
- Sept 1-3, 2016 — YLXNY 2016: Solar and wind energy exhibition, Yulin (China)
- TSK Group
- Aug 30-Sept 1, 2016 — Brazil Wind Power 2016: Wind energy exhibition, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)
- Korea Electric Power Corporation — KEPCO