Paradise Park – solar power plant (PV) – 50 MW, Jamaica, 2019
Oct 2, 2019 – French energy company Neoen has inaugurated the Paradise Park solar power plant in Jamaica.
The Paradise Park PV solar power plant with a capacity of 50 MW is located in the Westmoreland parish in Jamaica.
The project’s shareholders are French energy company Neoen, Rekamniar Frontier Ventures and MPC Caribbean Clean Energy Fund.
Neoen and Rekamniar, won a tender launched by the Jamaican Office of Utilities Regulation. Paradise Park delivers to Jamaica’s national utility, the Jamaica Public Service Company Limited, the cheapest electrical power ever produced in the country – with a base tariff of USD85/MWh – through a 20-year power purchase agreement.
The facility was inaugurated in October 2019.
- Arkona – offshore wind farm – 385 MW, Germany, 2019
- Burzyanskaya – solar power plant (PV) – 10 MW, Russia, 2019
- Asnæs – biomass energy plant — 25 MW, Denmark, 2020
- Accra – water desalination plant – 60 thou m3/d, Ghana, 2015
- Anholt – offshore wind farm – 400 MW, Denmark, 2013