The facility was constructed by Sener for Ence Energía y Celulosa. The contract covered the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the plant, as well as the operation and maintenance during the first two years of operation.
The facility applies a highly-efficient, regenerative thermodynamic cycle with reheating capability, which includes a furnace with a reheater and a turbine with two bodies – high and low pressure -, as well as several extractions. It is refrigerated using cooling towers.
Construction started in 2012. The was launched in 2014.
- Ilanga (Karoshoek Solar Valley) — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2018
- Belwind – offshore wind farm – 165 MW, Belgium, 2010
- Huelva — biomass energy plant — 40 MW, Spain, 2019
- Maloderbetovskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 60 MW, Russia, 2020
- Empire Wind – offshore wind farm – 816 MW, USA, 2024