Ilanga (Karoshoek Solar Valley) — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2018
Dec 5, 2018 – Sener, Emvelo and Cobra completed the Ilanga-1 concentrated solar power (CSP) plant in South Africa.
The Ilanga concentrated solar power (CSP) plant, also known as the Karoshoek Solar Valley project, has a capacity of 100 MW and is located in Karos near the city of Upington in the Northern Cape province of South Africa.
The plant is made up of 266 SENERtrough loops, with approximately 870,000 square metres of curved mirrors and equipped with a molten salt storage system that allows five hours of thermal energy storage to extend the operational capacity of the plant to continue producing electricity in absence of solar radiation.
A joint venture between Sener, Emvelo and Cobra was in charge of engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of the project on order from the owner, Karoshoek Solar One.
In November 2018, the facility obtained a certificate for commercial operations.
- Oitis – onshore wind farm – 566.5 MW, Brazil, 2022
- Southfork – offshore wind farm — 130 MW, USA, 2022
- Fröreda — onshore wind farm — 23 MW, Sweden, 2016
- Mérida – biomass energy plant — 20 MW, Spain, 2014
- Hornsea — offshore wind farm — 5 GW, UK, 2020