The Hywind Tampen floating offshore wind farm will have a capacity of 88 MW. The facility will be located around 140 km from the Norwegian shore in 260-300 meters of water between the Snorre and Gullfaks oil and gas platforms. The wind farm will consist of 11 wind turbines based on the Hywind floating wind turbine technology developed by Equinor. The 8 MW turbines will have a total capacity of 88 MW, capable of meeting about 35% of the annual power demand of the five platforms.
The investment will total almost NOK 5 bln (USD0.55 mln. Norwegian authorities through Enova enterprise have made a funding commitment of up to NOK 2.3 billion (USD0.25 bln) for the project. In addition, private NOx Fund will grant up to NOK 566 mln.
The project is scheduled to come on stream in late 2022.
- Greater Changhua – offshore wind farm – 900 MW, Taiwan
- Astrakhan region – solar power plants (PV) – 90 MW, Russia, 2017
- Ashalim – solar power plants (CSP, PV) – 300 MW, Israel, 2017-18
- Perućica – hydropower plant – 307 MW, Montenegro, 1960
- Tina River Hydropower – hydropower plant – Solomon Islands, 2024