Hyundai Group is South Korean conglomerate headquartered in Seoul, which comprises companies producing cars, industrial machinery, enginnering solutions. Hyundai Motor is a car maker. Hyundai Engineering and Construction is in charge of construction.
In October 2019, Hyundai Motor Group announced the plans to invest 41 tln won (USD35 bln) in advanced car technologies until 2025, including self-driving technologies, which also received government support.
Self-driving option by Hyundai
In September 2019, Hyundai Motor and Aptiv announced plans to form a 50%-50% autonomous driving joint venture to develop SAE Level 4 and 5 autonomous technologies. It will begin testing fully driverless systems in 2020 and have a production-ready autonomous driving platform available for robotaxi providers, fleet operators, and automotive manufacturers in 2022.
Hyundai's latest news
- REUTERS: Why Asia’s largest economies support hydrogen-fueled cars
- Hyundai Motor, Aptiv set up JV to present production-ready self-driving platform 2022
- German Linde acquires 10% of Swiss hydrogen producer
- Hyundai Motor may start sales of Kona electric car in Russia
- BAIC Group / Beijing Auto
- Korea Electric Power Corporation — KEPCO
- EDP Renováveis
- Voith Hydro
- Beiqi Foton Motor