Greater Changhua – offshore wind farm – 900 MW, Taiwan
Oct 22, 2018 – Danish energy company Ørsted selected Siemens Gamesa as preferred supplier for the first 900MW Greater Changhua projects.
The Greater Changhua offshore wind farms with a capacity of 900 MW will be located at a site 35 and 60 km from the shore of Taiwan‘s Changhua County.
In October 2018, project operator Danish energy company Ørsted selected Siemens Gamesa as the preferred wind turbine supplier for the first 900MW Greater Changhua projects utilizing nearly 112 SG 8.0 -167 DD offshore wind turbines.
The project is subject to certain conditions such as the signing of a power purchase agreement.
The offshore construction planned to start in 2021
- Oitis – onshore wind farm – 566.5 MW, Brazil, 2022
- Skipjack — offshore wind farm — 120 MW, USA, 2022
- Kathu — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2019
- Amakhala Emoyeni – onshore wind farm – 134 MW, South Africa, 2016
- Burzyanskaya – solar power plant (PV) – 10 MW, Russia, 2019