According to BNEF, China kept its leading positions in the world in terms of onshore wind energy production with its 29 GW of installed capacities. Almost all China’s wind projects are fully equipped by the local producers: Goldwind, Guodian United Power, Envision and Ming Yang.
In June 2014 China’s government announced the country’s revolutionary energy strategy which comprises five major concepts:
- further energy consumption efficiency reforms;
- diversification of energy supplies;
- rise of industrial production and improved energy production technologies;
- development of energy structures and legal reforms necessary for this development;
- close international cooperation in terms of energy safety concept.
The Chinese government stressed that renewable energy – primarily solar and wind power – are among the country’s top energy priorities.
- Chinese tech corp to challenge Tesla
- Wind Hits Record Highs: 62 GW of Wind Capacities Installed by 2016
Latest and coming renewable energy events in China
- Sept 26-28, 2016 — PV Guangzhou 2016: Solar energy exhibition, Guangzhou (China)
- Sept 1-3, 2016 — YLXNY 2016: Solar and wind energy exhibition, Yulin (China)
Organizations operating in China
Companies operating in China
Projects implemented or planned in China