The Cauchari PV solar power plant with a capacity of 300 MW is located in Argentina’s province of Jujuy, 4,020 meters above sea level. The solar park, the largest in South America of its kind, is a complex of three projects of 100 MW of installed capacity each, with more than 1.18 mln solar panels that cover an area of 800 hectares.
The project was implemented by China’s Shanghai Electric Power Construction.
The solar plant was worth USD390 mln of investment, of which 85% was funded by EximBank (Export and Import Bank of China) and the remaining 15% by the Jujuy government.
Construction started in April 2018. Argentina’s government inaugurated the facility in October 2019.
- Oitis – onshore wind farm – 566.5 MW, Brazil, 2022
- Nizhne-Bureiskaya – hydropower plant, 320 MW, 2019 + solar (PV) power plant, 1.3 MW, 2019 – Russia
- Accra – water desalination plant – 60 thou m3/d, Ghana, 2015
- Asnæs – biomass energy plant — 25 MW, Denmark, 2020
- Huelva — biomass energy plant — 40 MW, Spain, 2019