The Cafayate PV solar power plant with a capacity of 100 MW is located in the town of Cafayate in Argentina’s northwestern mountainous province of Salta, 1,400 km away from the capital Buenos Aires. The plant will produce power to meet energy demand of approximately 300,000 local families, it will consist of at least 290,000 solar panels covering a 300-hectare area.
The solar park’s construction began in September 2018. The facility will come online at the end of 2019.
- Yashkulskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 60 MW, Russia, 2020
- Maloderbetovskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 60 MW, Russia, 2020
- Astrakhan region – solar power plants (PV) – 90 MW, Russia, 2017
- Maiminskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 25 MW, Russia, 2019
- Miyako Solar Park – solar power plant (PV) – 25 MW, Japan, 2019