The Cafayate PV solar power plant with a capacity of 100 MW is located in the town of Cafayate in Argentina’s northwestern mountainous province of Salta, 1,400 km away from the capital Buenos Aires. The plant will produce power to meet energy demand of approximately 300,000 local families, it will consist of at least 290,000 solar panels covering a 300-hectare area.
The solar park’s construction began in September 2018. The facility will come online at the end of 2019.
- Maloderbetovskaya — solar power plant (PV) — 60 MW, Russia, 2020
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park — solar power complex (PV, CSP) — 5 GW, UAE, 2030
- Cafayate – solar power plant (PV) – 100 MW, Argentina, 2019
- Anholt – offshore wind farm – 400 MW, Denmark, 2013
- KGAL Sardinia – solar power plant (PV) – 53 MW, Italy, 2020