The first site (10 MW) of the Buribayevskaya PV power plant was commissioned in late October 2015 near the village of Buribay located in the Khaibullinski district of Russia’s republic of Bashkortostan.
Avelar Solar Technology, a company of Hevel Solar group (a joint venture of Renova and Rosnano), was the main contractor. The aggregate capacity of the plant after the second site is inaugurated in 2016 will total 20 MW. The project was worth about RUB1 bln (USD15.4 mln) of investments.
The solar power plant comprises 88 thou PV solar modules produced by a Russia-based factory of Hevel group which started operations in February 2015. More than 70% of equipment used in the project was made locally.
- Koudia Al Baida — onshore wind farm — 50 MW, Morocco, 2000
- Ilanga (Karoshoek Solar Valley) — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2018
- Mérida – biomass energy plant — 20 MW, Spain, 2014
- Xuzhou — solar power plant (PV) — 20 MW, China
- Ashalim – solar power plants (CSP, PV) – 300 MW, Israel, 2017-18