The object comprises 55 Vestas V90 wind turbines with a capacity of 3 MW each, and covers the area of 17 sq km. It produces enough energy for the needs of 160,000 households.
Design, engineering and installation of the foundations, as well as power cables and the complete electric infrastructure was made by contracting company Van Oord NV together with wind turbines producer Vestas.
Besides Groep Colruyt and Participatiemaatschappij Vlaanderen (PMV), the owners of Parkwind NV, Dahm, Rabo Project Equity and Meewind companies have held stakes in the project. Belwind offshore wind farm, which cost a total of EUR600 mln of investments, was financed using funds of Dexia, Rabobank, ASN Bank, European Development bank and EKF.
As of 2015, Belwind is owned by Meewind (19.9%, acquired from Rabo Project Equity in July 2014), the European division of Japanese Sumitomo Corporation (39.02%, acquired from Parkwind NV, deal closed in October 2014) and Parkwind NV (39.02%).
- Miyako Solar Park – solar power plant (PV) – 25 MW, Japan, 2019
- Kochubeyevskaya – onshore wind farm – 210 MW, Russia
- Astrakhan region – solar power plants (PV) – 90 MW, Russia, 2017
- Paradise Park – solar power plant (PV) – 50 MW, Jamaica, 2019
- Ashalim – solar power plants (CSP, PV) – 300 MW, Israel, 2017-18