The biomass energy unit 6 of the Asnæs combined heat and power plant, located in the municipality of Kalundborg (the Zealand region, Denmark), is to deliver 25 MW power and a total of 129 MJ/s process steam and district heating.
The project’s operator Ørsted received the first shipment of wood chips and began testing the facility in July 2019 after two years of conversion from coal. Commissioning will take additional six months.
The plant will supply process steam to Novozymes’ enzyme production in Kalundborg and Novo Nordisk’s insulin factory, the largest in the world
- Aurora – solar power plant (PV) – 150 MW, USA, 2016
- Hywind Tampen – floating offshore wind farm – 88 MW, Norway, 2022
- Ilanga (Karoshoek Solar Valley) — solar power plant (CSP) — 100 MW, South Africa, 2018
- Asnæs – biomass energy plant — 25 MW, Denmark, 2020
- Southfork – offshore wind farm — 130 MW, USA, 2022